Rihanna covers the new UK issue of Esquire Magazine.
She is not wearing a top, either. Color us astonished.
Even more amazingly, the publication asked about – yes – Chris Brown, specifically Rih’s controversial decision to record music with him again this winter.
Her response? Not exactly what you’d call thrilled.
Brown, whose new song “Off That Liquor” is likely a message to Rihanna, always seems to end up as part of the conversation with her.
Asked why she decided to record a couple of remixes with her ex-boyfriend, Rihanna responded pretty angrily to the persistent inquiry.
We can’t do it justice, so read the exchange below:
- Esquire: What has been the Twitter response to the Chris Brown remixes?
- Rihanna: Some love it, some hate it, some love it but still hate that we did it. But the response in the end has been incredible.
- Esquire: Was that [the recording session] the first time you’d seen him in a while?
- Rihanna: When would we have seen each other? We’ve both been working and touring. [changes the subject]. This is really good food.
- Esquire: It proved quite a controversial thing.
- Rihanna: Well…definitely. Definitely. The whole thing caught me a little off-guard to be honest… especially the amount of… negative attention. Because it never occurred to me how this was going to be a problem, you know. It really didn’t.