Apple’s new look and feel in iOS 7 is certainly polarizing, that much is clear. While approximately half of those who took part in our informal iOS 7 makeover poll said they loved the new design, nearly a third think the new interface will take some time getting used to. While the vast majority seem to support the facelift, a lot of people have taken issue with the new iOS 7 icons.
Complaints range from the icons being too colourful and out of place to being completely different from each other to resembling a terrible Photoshop job by a 14-yer-old. We’ll let you be the judge: here’s a side-by-side comparison of iOS 6 vs iOS 7 icons…
Here’s the full infographic:
Notice that the icons in iOS 7 use really vivid colors, almost as if Apple designed them for an AMOLED display.
Who knows, maybe the oversaturated nature of iOS 7 icons is in preparation for the next iPhone and iPad?
After all, the rumor mill has been saying for quite some time that future iDevices will adopt Sharp’s IGZO panels and those provide more vivid colors and deeper blacks
25 iOS 7 features Apple didn’t talk about:
- Enterprise single sign-on
- View PDF annotations
- Long MMS support
- Per app VPN
- Maps bookmark syncing
- Phone, FaceTime and Message blocking
- Smart download of TV episodes
- Notification sync
- Night mode for Maps
- WiFi HotSpot 2.0
- Scan to acquire Passbook passes
- Turn-by-turn walking directions
- FaceTime audio
- New smart Mailboxes
- Managed app configuration
- App Store Volume Purchase
- Tencent Weibo
- Chinese English bilingual dictionary
- Handwriting recognition for multiple Chinese characters
- Improved Mail search
- Streamline MDM enrollment
- Do Not Track option in Safari
- Italian, Korean and Dutch dictionaries
- Clock app icon now displays real time.