A leaked road map revealed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be getting the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean upgrade this month and now, a test firmware for the fourth-generation Galaxy S smartphone has been leaked.
The leaked firmware is very close to the final build, which means that there will be no additional features included in the Android 4.3 OS for Galaxy S4. According to SamMobile, the upcoming software upgrade for Samsung’s flagship smartphone will be mostly identical to this ROM, expect for a few bug fixes and minor enhancements.
Samsung is expected to roll out the official Android 4.3 upgrade for its Galaxy S4 smartphone in a week or two. However, there is no official word on that at the moment.
The folks at SamMobile have already done a video preview of the Android 4.3 ROM running on the Galaxy S4 smartphone. Check it out below.
If you are in a hurry and don’t feel like waiting for the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update, here’s how to install it.. HOWEVER, please continue with the flashing instructions only if you are sure about what you are up to!
Country: Open Asia
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 23:29:05 +0000
Product Code: OLB
– This firmware will WIPE your device (Perform a backup before flashing)
– This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
– This test firmware will NOT trigger your KNOX Warranty Counter (If it’s 0×0 before flashing, it will remain 0×0 after flashing and vice versa).
– This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
– We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
– Extract (unzip) the firmware file
– Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
– Extract Odin .ZIP file
– Open Odin3 v3.09
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add AP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
– Add BL_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
– Add CP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
– Add CSC_OLB_I9505OLBEMJ2_1765174_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!