- Few Minutes left ! Our Live Blog has started ! Enjoy 🙂
- The theater is filling up fast — a ton of media are there!
- Grizzly Bear on the sound system.
- A lot of app developers and partners in the crowd, it seems.
- “Ladies and gentlemen, please switch devices to silent mode.”
- And it has begun! Tim Cook is now on stage, ready to discuss the great success of Apple.
- Tim is out and talked about the success of the iPhone 5. Now we’re watching a video about the launch. People are cheering. And running. And the song is about running.
- Running towards an iPhone.
- Then the iPhone kisses you.
- And you get married.
- High fives all around for iPhone 5 buyers.
- Look, people bought the iPhone all over the world.
- And Tim is back out.
- “Our team works incredibly hard to deliver products like the iPhone 5, and that reminds us why we do it.”
- “Last month we announced the iPhone and incredible new iPods. An amazingly thin iPod touch, with the same Retina display we have on iPhone 5.”
- “All of our iOS devices are powered by iOS 6, our latest version of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system.”
- “We work hard to make sure all of our products are upgradable to the latest operating system. After just 1 month, we have 200 million devices running iOS 6.”
- “This is phenomenal. It’s the fastest upgrade rate of any software in history that we’re aware of.”
- “iOS 6 and Mountain Lion are designed to make our systems work seamlessly.”
- “We’ve been working on new features that make your life easier, like documents in the cloud.”
- “Customers have now placed 125m documents in the cloud, just over the last year.”
- “Features like iMessage, it’s of course the best way to send anyone a message on a Mac or iPod touch or iPad, you can see all your messages on all devices.”
- “Already in just last year, customers have sent 300 billion messages.”
- Cheers for that from the crowd. And some whistles.
- “You’re sending them at 28k per second. Maybe more right now.”
- “And features like Game Center, the best way to play games with a friend. We now have over 160m game players.”
- “And finally shared photo streams — the best way to share what you want with the people you want.”
- “Customers have already shared over 70m photos with friends and family.”
- “So you can see there are some great ways for your iOS devices and Macs to work together seamlessly.”
- “These are not stretched out iPhone apps.”
- “We’ve reached another milestone — customers have downloaded 35 billion apps from the store. This is jaw dropping.”
- “Now, this is great for customers. They get the choice of fantastic apps. But it’s also great for devs. We’ve now paid out $6.5 billion to developers.”
- “Now one of the most popular apps on the store is iBooks.”
- “One tap and you get to the iBookstore.”
- 400 books downloaded since the launch of the store. That’s a lot of books.
- “And iBooks includes great options like this sepia theme, or night theme.”
- “Today we’re introducing a new version with a new feature — continuous scrolling — just flick.”
- “There’s also some new ways to share — tap on a passage and share on Facebook or Twitter.”
- New languages, Korean, Japanese.
- “Now I’d like to talk about the Mac.”
- “The Mac has been outgrowing the PC market for 6 years straight.”
- “That’s because it’s #1 in customer reliability.”
- “This has led to the Mac being the #1 desktop and #1 notebook in the US.”
- “Now we’re really pleased with all of the momentum of the Mac. But we are not standing still.”
- “We’re going to continue innovating with the Mac. We’ve got some great stuff to show you this morning.”
- Phil Schiller is out! .. BIG CHEERS
- “Today is a big day for the Mac. It starts with MacBook.”
- “Just a few months ago we introduced perhaps the best we’ve ever created the best ever.”
- Phil is listing off great reviews of the MacBook with Retina display.
- “You might not know that our best selling notebook is the 13 inch MacBook Pro.”
- “Customers love it. It’s perfect for so many uses. So in typical Apple fashion, we’re going to take our best product, and introduce something better.”
- “I’m proud to introduce the brand new 13-inch MacBook Pro.”
- “It is incredibly thin. Just .75 thick.”
- “A full 1/5th thinner than the old model.”
- “It weighs just 3.5 pounds. Our lightest MacBook Pro ever.”
- No optical drive. Go figure!
- Retina display!
- “Everything on it looks absolutely gorgeous.”
- “Your apps look fantastic on it. Reading email the text is so beautiful you can’t see the pixels.”
- “iLife apps are great too.”
- “There’s never been a small notebook that gave pro photographers this capability.”
- “If you’re looking for Retina apps, just go to our App Store. There’s a lot of great software to support the display.”
- “So that alone is a great new feature. But there’s more.”
- FaceTime HD camera, dual mics, stereo speakers.
- “Let’s take the bottom off and take a look inside.”
- “We use asymmetric li-ion batteries.”
- Core i5 or i7.
- Standard 8GB of RAM.
- Up to 768GB of storage — SSD of course.
- Phil is listing off some of the features of Mountain Lion and iCloud.
- Because you know, this computer has Mountain Lion on it.
- “This is a great new MacBook Pro. It starts at 8GB of RAM and 128GB of flash storage for $1699.”
- With a 2.5GHz CPU.
- “It starts shipping today.”
- “Like all of our products, the team works hard on making these eco-friendly.”
- “We’re so excited to show this to customers, we’ve created an ad. Let’s show that.” Ah ha, an ad.
- “For the pro in all of us” says the ad.
- Phil is showing off the full lineup of MacBooks — and prices.
- “Next, Mac mini. You knew there’d be something called mini in this presentation, didn’t you?”
- “The Mac mini is packed with great features. But the action on this product and the update is on the inside.”
- Wow Phil is rushing through the Mac mini…
- New mini starts shipping today. And it’s also eco-friendly.
- “We said this is a big day for the Mac, and I have one more I’d like to talk about. And that’s the iMac.”
- “It’s the #1 desktop model in the US.”
- “It’s a great design. One that’s evolved over many years. Many people think of it as the flagship of the Mac line.”
- Phil is going through the history of the iMac. “We’ve had 7 generations of the iMac, all better than the last.”
- People are oohing, literally.
- Super thin display.
- “We have one here. Want to see one?”
- “There’s an entire computer in here.” Laughs for that.
- 80% thinner than the previous generation.
- “That edge is 5mm thin.”
- “We lovingly call this the chin.”
- “This is so thin we wanted to do something even more with it — the way this is welded is called friction stir welding.”
- “Let me bring up the old generation — isn’t it incredible how something new can make something else look so old?”
- Phil is explaining the process of making the iMac thinner than the previous version.
- “Let’s talk a little bit more about this display. It comes in two sizes, 27 inch and 21.5 inch.”
- “We said it’s fully laminated. That delivers another benefit. Text and graphics will look like they’re sitting right on top of the glass.”
- “We want to make it even purer, even thinner.”
- 75% less reflection than the previous version.
- “It’s very very cool.”
- FaceTime HD camera, stereo sound “That sounds better than the previous generation.”
- “Pretty remarkable. And of course, a lot of the work has been done on the inside.”
- Up to 3TB of storage, Core i5 or i7…
- Four USB 3.0 ports.
- “I want to talk about storage a little bit more. Customers can choose what they want, a hard drive for storage, or an SSD for speed. But we have a new option. It’s called the Apple Fusion Drive.”
- “What’s the Fusion Drive?”
- “You order it and get a single drive.”
- Core applications and OS stays on the SSD, documents stay on the HDD.
- Apple has some logic which figures out which apps you use the most and will shift those to the SSD.
- Performance is nearly that of a standard SSD. Very, very interesting.
- “The iMac comes with a wireless keyboard and a mouse, of course you can get a Magic Trackpad. And for those of you still stuck in the past, you can get an optical drive.”
- “We start shipping next month, in November.”
- “This uses up to 50% less power when idling.”
- “So that’s the new iMac. Perhaps the boldest new design we’ve done.”
- And Tim is back out.
- “These products are really cool.”
- “Next I’d like to talk about iPad.”
- “It seems like every time we get together, there are some new numbers to talk about the growth of this product.”
- “We’ve now sold over 100 million iPads.” Huge applause for that.
- “We sold more products in the June quarter than any PC manufacturer sold in their entire PC line.”
- “This has attracted a lot of attention. A lot of other tablets are shipping. But the numbers tell a different story. The iPad accounts for 91% of tablet web traffic.”
- “Why is the iPad so popular? Well it turns out there’s a simple reason: people love their iPads!” Laughs.
- “They love the display. They love the camera for FaceTime. They love that they can connect anywhere they go on Wi-Fi or cellular. They love iPad’s legendary all day battery life. And they love all of the amazing apps optimized for iPad.”
- “One of the things that is so rewarding is how quickly iPad has been embraced in education.”
- “A teacher in Texas said ‘the iPad has been a game changer in education’.”
- “We really believe in this. And we saw it early on. Earlier this year we introduced iBooks author to create textbooks. And iBooks textbooks are now available for 80% of the US high school curriculum.”
- “There are now 2500 classrooms in the US with iBooks textbooks.”
- “Today we’re announcing the latest iBooks Author. It includes some great new templates.”
- Portrait templates, you’re able to use your own fonts… mathematical expressions dropped into books. Multitouch widgets.
- “Publishers can update their books.”
- This is available today.
- “In addition to education, iPad is taking the business world by storm too.”
- “It’s showing up and doing more and more things.”
- 94% of Fortune 500 companies are testing or deploying the iPad.
- “We couldn’t be more thrilled with how quickly iPad has been embraced by users.”
- “But we know we are just getting started.”
- “Earlier this year we announced an iPad with a Retina display. It’s the top selling tablet in the world.”
- “But we’re not taking our foot off the gas. We’ve got some cool stuff to show you. I’d like to invite Phil back to the stage.”
- “Thank you.”
- “So just half a year ago we introduced the 3rd generation iPad with Retina display. So it’s more incredible that we’re sitting here to talk about the 4th generation iPad.”
- “It’s amazing the pace the team is working at.”
- “This 4th generation is a powerhouse. What’s inside it? A new chip, the A6X. It doubles the performance of CPU tasks.”
- “It also doubles the graphics performance. The competition wasn’t even close to us, and now we’re just blowing past them some more.”
- “We’re updating the camera, the cellular version has expanded LTE.”
- Faster Wi-Fi, Lightning connector.
- “We’ve added some new cables. Lightning to USB and Lightning to an SD card reader.”
- “It comes in both black and white.”
- Same configs of the last generation.
- $499, with cellular, $629.
- “So what else can we do to help customers to find more uses for iPad?”
- Whoa. A smaller iPad just appeared on the screen.
- “What can you do with this that you can’t do with the big iPad? Well this. Hold it with one hand.”
- “This isn’t just a shrunken down iPad. There’s nothing as amazing as this.”
- “It’s incredibly thin and beautiful. Incredibly thin and light. Want to see one in person?”
- “This is iPad mini.”
- For mini, it still looks kind of big!
- Black and white — a treatment more like the iPhone 5.
- “What screen size is it?”
- 7.9 inch display
- “All the software made for the iPad works on the mini with no change.”
- “So it’s great for reading your email, surfing the web, managing your photos.”
- “For kicking back and reading a magazine or a book.”
- “It’s great for all of your iWork apps.”
- Phil is really running through all of the apps you can run on this thing. Hint: it’s all of them!
- “You’re gonna love Facebook on the new iPad.”
- “If you love playing games, like Real Racing 2. Incredible.”
- “I could do 275k examples! But we don’t have time.”
- “It all works. And no one else can say that.”
- “Here we have iPad mini on the right, and the new Android tablet on the left.”
- “Let’s compare them.”
- “There’s is made of plastic, it’s thicker and heavier.”
- “Let’s look at those displays. Theirs is 7 inch, our is 7.9.”
- “The iPad mini has a third larger display area.”
- “And it doesn’t stop there. What’s the #1 thing people do on their iPads? Surf the web.”
- “Let’s look at a webpage side by side.”
- “The iPad mini is about 50% larger display area in the browser.”
- “Customers love the ones written for the iPad.”
- “What does the other one have? Phone applications scaled up.”
- Phil is comparing app versions. Yelp, eBay, Pandora, TripAdvisor.
- Pretty bad burns on Android — the platform looks weak on apps, as usual, for tablets.
- “There’s an amazing set of technology that makes this a great iPad.”
- A5, LTE versions, FaceTime HD camera, 5MP iSight camera around back.
- Lightning connector, of course.
- “All of this technology in such a thin and light device… the team has worked to get the same battery life. 10 hours.”
- “You can see this is every inch an iPad. We’ve created a video to tell you a lot more about it.”
- Jony Ive… is talking… about design.
- If Apple can hit a killer price point on this, it’s game over for smaller tablets on the market.
- “When we decided to make the iPad mini, we wanted to keep the things that make the iPad so magical.”
- The iPad mini has the thinnest single cell battery we’ve ever designed.”
- I wonder how the smaller bezel will impact reading…
- And Phil is back out!
- “This is every inch an iPad. As you see it comes with a great line of accessories.”
- “It starts with a 16GB of storage, and will be priced at $329.”
- That’s the lowest price yet for an iPad.”
- Pre orders start this Friday. Wi-Fi versions shipping November 2nd.
- “We have a TV ad we’re going to run.”
- Oh this is cute. The big iPad is playing Heart and Soul. And the smaller one joins in.
- Tears of joy.
- Huge Applause !
- “Let me turn it back to Tim.”
- “We told you earlier this year that you would see incredible innovation, and I think we kept our promise.”
- Tim is listing off all that Apple has done this year.
- … “Yes, it has been an incredible year.”
- “We hope you love these products as much as we love creating them.”
- “I’d personally like to thank all of the teams at Apple for dedicating their lives to making the best products on Earth.”
- And that’s a wrap! Thank You For visiting Elie Chahine’s blog ! Subscribe to Stay Up To Date with our Latest Posts! Check The Full Review of The new iPad mini !