Google Chrome Tips:
New Tab Window
Google tries hard to make new tabs useful from the outset but there are some Chrome extensions that can make it work even harder. One of these is Momentum.
Upon opening a new tab, instead of the spartan slate of recent sites and Chrome apps you get Momentum, your personal dashboard presenting a Things to Do list, quote of the day, favorite links and, to top it all off, a beautiful landscape.
Any power user worth his or her salt knows the keyboard is still king. Knowing the right Chrome key combos can save you a ton of time across your day.
Here are a few shortcuts you should definitely know (PC/Mac):
- Ctrl/Cmd + L – highlights text in the address bar
- Ctrl/Cmd + T – open a new tab
- Ctrl/Cmd + W – close current tab
- Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + T – reopen closed tab
- Ctrl + Tab – switch tab one tab to the right
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab – switch tab one tab to the left
- Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + B – toggle the bookmark bar visibility
And here’s where you’ll find the whole shooting match.
You can use the top bar on Google Chrome to directly search for anything you want, and its a smart search. Go ahead and try to enter a simple or complex Math expression or convert currencies or simply search for the weather!
- Calculation (2+2) * (4-2)
- Beirut Forecast
- Tilt (Be careful it will tilt your screen!)
- 100$ to AED
- English to Indian