Apple has released the third beta of iOS 7.1 to registered developers this morning. The update, which carries the build number 11d5127c, can be downloaded via Apple’s developer center.
Today’s release comes just under a month after the second beta, which brought about only a handful of changes like bringing the Touch ID and Passcode menu to the front of the Settings app…
What’s new in iOS 7.1 beta 3
As we continue to dig through the new information in iOS 7.1 beta 3, we’ll be listing any major changes we find below:
Tweaked keyboard with new Shift/Backspace key highlights:
New power off UI:
New Phone dialer UI:
New Phone UI:
Less vibrant icons for Phone, Messages and FaceTime:
New Repeat and Shuffle buttons in Music app:
New “Reduce White Point” option in Accessibility settings: (makes the screen less bright):
Tweaked search bar wording in Safari:
New layout for filters in Camera app:
Bold font feature in Accessibility settings now extends to more UI elements (ie. Safari buttons):
iOS 7.1 beta 3 doesn’t patch evasi0n7 jailbreak
A modified version of the Evasi0n7 jailbreak tool began making its rounds around the internet this afternoon. This unofficial version of Evasi0n7 was created in order to jailbreak the just released iOS 7.1 beta 3.
A little over a week after iOS 7 beta 4, Apple has seeded iOS 7 beta 5 to developers. It is available over-the-air via Software Update. The previous beta brought several minor interface and performance tweaks to the operating system, and beta 5 will likely continue doing that.
A new Apple TV seed is also available:
• You can now use an iOS 7 device to set up an Apple TV after restoring or resetting all settings. (iPhone 4 and iPad 2 are not supported.)
We will continuously update this post with discovered changes.
– All Settings icons redesigned (left is new) :
– More Yahoo presence:
– New Twitter icon in iOS 7:
– Can now disable Control Center while in apps:
– Major performance improvements across the system
– Camera swipe access from Lock screen is easier
– New slide to power off design:
– New in-call icons:
– New option to pull down on a banner
– Some transparency, blur, UI animation changes across the system.